Chronic Special Needs Plans (C-SNPs) provide targeted coverage and benefits for specific illnesses and conditions.
C-SNPs are a type of Medicare Advantage plan. This means that, rather than relying on Original Medicare (Parts A and B) alone, you will have its all-in-one alternative.
The other Advantage plan options (D-SNP, HMO, PPO, and PFFS plans) will not offer the same range of coverage you will need for your chronic ailment. If you qualify for a C-SNP, it is one of the best insurance plans for your healthcare needs.
How to Qualify for a C-SNP
Virtually all of your costs for treatment and care will be covered if you qualify for a C-SNP. The trick is, then, how do you qualify?
Generally speaking, to qualify for a C-SNP, you must have a qualifying condition. This means that your chronic illness must be one of the following:
- Autoimmune disorders (limited to Polyarteritis nodosa, Polymyalgia rheumatica, Polymyositis, Rheumatoid arthritis, and Systemic lupus erythematosus)
- Chronic alcohol and other drug dependence
- Cardiovascular disorders (limited to Cardiac arrhythmias, Coronary artery disease, Peripheral vascular disease, and Chronic venous thromboembolic disorder)
- Chronic heart failure
- Chronic lung disorders (limited to Asthma, Chronic bronchitis, Emphysema, Pulmonary fibrosis, and Pulmonary hypertension)
- Chronic and disabling mental health conditions (limited to Bipolar disorders, Major depressive disorders, Paranoid disorder, Schizophrenia, and Schizoaffective disorder)
- Diabetes mellitus
- End-stage liver disease
- End-stage renal disease (ESRD)
- Neurologic disorders (limited to Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Epilepsy, Extensive paralysis, Huntington’s disease, Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Polyneuropathy, Spinal stenosis, and Stroke-related neurologic deficit)
- Severe hematologic disorders (limited to Aplastic anemia, Hemophilia, Immune thrombocytopenic purpura, Myelodysplastic syndrome, and Sickle-cell disease)
How to Enroll in a C-SNP
If you have any of these conditions, you will more than likely qualify for a C-SNP. The next step, then, is to enroll.
You may enroll at any point during the year with a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). Unlike other Medicare plans, you do not have to wait to enroll at a certain time during the year.
The only thing you must have to enroll, then, is a doctor’s approval. Once your healthcare provider has given you a note of confirmation, you can submit it to Medicare for approval.
You may also be able to enroll without a doctor’s note, as long as you receive one within the month. This way, if you have any complications or are switching between providers, you have a bit of flexibility.
The Benefits of a C-SNP
With a C-SNP, you will pay next to nothing for full coverage for the exact healthcare you require. Because plans are centered around specific chronic conditions, the benefits you receive will be catered to your exact needs.
You will have very few out-of-pocket costs as well. Your monthly premium and yearly deductible will be small so that you only have to worry about what’s important.
Learn More About C-SNPs By Calling Proinsurance Hawaii
If you think you may qualify for a C-SNP, there’s no time like the present to enroll. Proinsurance Hawaii provides quality customer service for difficult questions, and we’re here to help people just like you get the coverage they need.
Call Proinsurance Hawaii today to get started—our number is 808-735-0106.